Played some more paintball yesterday, more accurately woodsball. After a long drought of non-play, we’ve been able to play twice in three weeks and even managed to pick up a couple new players. The player pool is probably over a dozen at this point, which should make it easier to get 7-8 guys to play at any one time.
My highlights (and lowlights) of yesterday include:
- crawling on my stomach for 200+ ft. to sneak up on Jay.
- Running the remaining 100ft to ambush him, only to be unable to stop (damn boots!) and landing in the gully next to him. I also didn’t hear the yells for me to surrender until I landed next to him. I surrendered.
- Getting shot by my dad about 3 seconds after surrendering. He was on my team. That’ll teach me to ever surrender again, I suppose.
- A long range shot to hit John on the ass as he was hiding from a teammate in another direction.
- Chasing after Jay in our last match and finally landing one on his shoulder as he was asking his teammates if he had some paint on him.
All in all it was a good outing; I ended up with 3 or 4 kills. Today I sure am sore though, between diving onto my knees, crawling, and general running and jumping in boots, my legs are killing me.