I’ve been a MotionBox Premium user for almost 2 years now, and this evening I received an email saying they sold themselves to Snapfish. Lucky for us, we get to use Snapfish free for a year! If only you could hear my voice, there’s plenty of sarcasm in it.
Offering Snapfish for a year is a joke. Why? Because it in no way compares to what I’ve come to expect from MotionBox. I quickly created a Snapfish account to try it out, but found:
- No HD playback
- No video embedding in other sites like this blog.
- 500 MB video file limit
- 10-minute video limit
Anyone have any suggestions for a replacement? My wishlist (all things I had with MotionBox) is:
- Unlimited number of videos and storage
- No video size limit
- No video length limit
- HD playback
- SD quality fallback for those viewers not on a fast connection
- Embeddable videos
- Automatic transcoding between formats – including iPhone compatible.
- Privacy and sharing features (easy to view by intended recipients)
R.I.P. MotionBox, I think you’ve left plenty of disappointed customers behind.