The current poll Which do you prefer – Walgreens or CVS is getting an interesting result, yet one that I suspected. 9 votes so far for Walgreens and 0 for CVS.
I cannot explain it but I just don’t like CVS. Taken at face value, the stores are identical. They have red lettering, similar store size, and God knows they’re always within 100 feet of each other. Yet when faced with the choice, I choose Walgreens time and time again.
So I ask, what is so much better with Walgreens?
After spending a few minutes thinking about it (yeah, I can’t believe I actually sat here trying to quantify this), I have come up with the following:
- Walgreens has cursive writing – it has a warmer/friendlier feel to it (?)
- CVS has the big ugly hard block lettering.
- The CVSi (the “i” is for plural folks… come on..) I have been in recently have horrible doors. They feel narrow and constricting.
- In CVS, the isles are really crammed together.
- Every Walgreens in the universe has the same floorplan. (does CVS do this? I don’t know, I hate CVS remember?)
- Oooh! And who can forget the Walgreens brand products: Wal-tussin anyone?
Any other ideas as to why Walgreens is superior to CVS?