A couple weeks ago I used Google SketchUp to layout what I wanted to do for the toy box I wanted to make for David. Saturday morning we made a quick trip to Lowes to purchase materials and decided to give it a shot.
What do you know, it’s Sunday evening and the box is sitting in the basement, essentially completed. All that remains is a piano hinge, some sanding, and I’ll hand it over to Ana for some decoration (ie. paint/staining and whatever else she seems fit).
I think I used just about every tool I have at my disposal to finish this thing, and I did so without any extra trips to the hardware store for more wood. That’s definitely a first!
Anyway, here it is. Notice the pretty cool little inset shelf for some of his books. I can’t wait to see the finished product!
Use your imagination and picture a hinge there:
Here’s the inside, sans lid: